Over 1,800 Coin Auctions Listed, Other News...A few weeks have passed since I last wrote about our progress and so much as happened. In bullet-point form:
Ian Russell on Sun, Jul 24, 2011 04:00:00 PM
- We routinely have over 1,800 coin auctions listed on our site and this number will increase every week or two.
- Due to the increase in number of listings, we are going to space our auction end times out more than usual. We'll also be sending a reminder e-mail out on the day of an auction when you have items on your tracking list - this starts next week.
- We have secured some fairly amazing consignments lately, like the 1796 Bust Dime NGC MS-62, which sold for $19,800 and the 1913 Saint-Gaudens NGC MS-65, which is currently bid at $28,750. It's always been our goal to offer coins of all price ranges, and I'm happy that we could find these two coins a new home.
- We've also started to welcome world coin consignments - 50-100 world coins will upload to our site this week… I expect this category to grow fairly quickly.
- Later this week we will be uploading the Anacapa Collection of U.S. Gold - a feature of our August 21st auctions. There are some pretty amazing coins in this collection, including:
1905 Liberty Quarter Eagle NGC Proof-65 CAMEO CAC
1888 Three-dollar Gold Piece PCGS MS-64
1802/1 Capped Bust Half Eagle NGC AU-58
1876-CC Liberty Double Eagle PCGS MS-61 CAC
Most importantly, thank you to everyone's support, bids and consignments since we launched GreatCollections. Special mention to clients who recommend us to other coin collectors - this is extra-appreciated and please always ask the client to mention your name when you do this.
All the best,