Over 1,800 Coin Auctions Listed, Other News...
Ian Russell on Sun, Jul 24, 2011 04:00:00 PM
A few weeks have passed since I last wrote about our progress and so much as happened.  In bullet-point form:

- We routinely have over 1,800 coin auctions listed on our site and this number will increase every week or two.

- Due to the increase in number of listings, we are going to space our auction end times out more than usual.  We'll also be sending a reminder e-mail out on the day of an auction when you have items on your tracking list - this starts next week.

- We have secured some fairly amazing consignments lately, like the 1796 Bust Dime NGC MS-62, which sold for $19,800 and the 1913 Saint-Gaudens NGC MS-65, which is currently bid at $28,750.  It's always been our goal to offer coins of all price ranges, and I'm happy that we could find these two coins a new home.

- We've also started to welcome world coin consignments - 50-100 world coins will upload to our site this week… I expect this category to grow fairly quickly.

- Later this week we will be uploading the Anacapa Collection of U.S. Gold - a feature of our August 21st auctions.  There are some pretty amazing coins in this collection, including:
         1905 Liberty Quarter Eagle NGC Proof-65 CAMEO CAC
         1888 Three-dollar Gold Piece PCGS MS-64
         1802/1 Capped Bust Half Eagle NGC AU-58
         1876-CC Liberty Double Eagle PCGS MS-61 CAC

Most importantly, thank you to everyone's support, bids and consignments since we launched GreatCollections.  Special mention to clients who recommend us to other coin collectors - this is extra-appreciated and please always ask the client to mention your name when you do this.

All the best,

- Ian

No comments