GreatCollections News (256)
All the latest news about GreatCollections, including Press Releases.
Just joined GreatCollections? Here you will find out useful information for new members.
Learn everything you need to know about bidding and buying coins and numismatic products through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about selling coins, bullion and other items through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about notification, form of payments accepted and shipping informations
Information about My Account at GreatCollections and general Membership questions.
Our Services (3)
Learn more about all of the services we offer at GreatCollections, your full service auction and discounts
Throughout our listings, there are abbreviations about coins, such as VAMs, Overton numbers, pedigree
Learn more about how to contact us regarding our website and coins being offered.
Useful Instructions for Consigning to GreatCollections
Ian Russell on Mon, May 20, 2019 03:49:47 AM
Instructions for Consigning with GreatCollections
1. Fill out the consignment form. Use the value column only if you have a good idea of the value. You may leave it blank if you are not sure. If there is not enough room on the form, please attach an inventory listing, but be sure to sign and date the main consignment form.
2. For first-time consignors of raw/uncertified coins, please contact us first and send a list of the coins. We will review and confirm they are suitable for our Grade & Auction program.
3. Mail the consignment form/inventory listing with the coins to GreatCollections via insured mail (through the Post Office).
4. Pack the coins well (we recommend packing a box within a box) and also use extra tape around the outside of the package. Before sending your box, shake it gently. If you can hear coins or items moving around, please add additional paper/peanuts/bubble wrap to completely fill the box so nothing is moving around.
5. On the day your coins arrive at GreatCollections, we will send you a confirmation e-mail or telephone you.
6. If you have requested a cash advance, we will contact you within 24 hours of the coins arriving to confirm the advance amount.
7. Certified coins are assigned to auction within a few days of arriving at GreatCollections and will list for bidding within 7-21 days. Raw coins are assigned to auction as soon as they return from the grading services.
8. Coins list on our website every Monday and Tuesday, and auctions last 12-13 days, always ending on a Sunday.
9. From the moment your coins arrive at GreatCollections, they are fully covered by our extensive insurance policy with Lloyd’s of London.
10. If your coins need to be reviewed by CAC (an option on the form), this will delay the listing of your coins by approximately 7-10 days.
11. We pay all consignors within 30 days of auction date, however, most are paid within 7-14 days. Checks are mailed with detailed accounting statements, which you can also view online.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail at [email protected] or telephone 1-800-442-6467.