Home > GC Helpdesk > GreatCollections News

> The Gold/Silver WWII Privy Coins from U.S. Mint

GC Helpdesk

All the latest news about GreatCollections, including Press Releases.
Just joined GreatCollections? Here you will find out useful information for new members.
Learn everything you need to know about bidding and buying coins and numismatic products through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about selling coins, bullion and other items through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about notification, form of payments accepted and shipping informations
Information about My Account at GreatCollections and general Membership questions.
Learn more about all of the services we offer at GreatCollections, your full service auction and discounts
Throughout our listings, there are abbreviations about coins, such as VAMs, Overton numbers, pedigree
Learn more about how to contact us regarding our website and coins being offered.
The Gold/Silver WWII Privy Coins from U.S. Mint
Ian Russell on Wed, Nov 04, 2020 08:39:18 AM

We wanted to bring your attention to two new issues that are being released tomorrow by the U.S. Mint. These are commanding huge premiums in the marketplace, even before they are released. I can't predict the future, and coin prices go up and down, but at the moment, there's a lot of money to be made if you are lucky enough to get a confirmed order. I expect both to sell out within minutes, especially the gold coin, which might sell out in 60 seconds.

They go on sale at noon Eastern Time on Thursday, November 5th.

For the gold coin, only 1945 are being produced. For the silver, only 75,000 are being produced. Both are limited to one per household. The gold coin is already trading at a premium of over $2,500-$3,000 a coin.

From an ordering strategy standpoint, I don't recommend trying to add one of each to your cart and then trying to check out and pay. The gold will most-likely be sold out by the time you have done this.

The Gold Coin (with link to the U.S. Mint page):
The Silver Coin (with link to the U.S. Mint page):
If you are successful in purchasing and wish to sell, please consider consigning to our auctions. We would get them graded for you at PCGS or NGC quickly, and then list in our auctions. We have significant demand for these and need as many as possible.

To consign, please use our raw consignment form. I recommend shipping in the sealed box from the U.S. Mint, tape our consignment form to it, and ship in a larger box. That way the seal is preserved for First Strike/First Day of Issue labels.

If you have any questions about this, please call Andy Wedding at 1-800-442-6467.

Good luck!

Ian Russell
GreatCollections Coin Auctions