Home > GC Helpdesk > GreatCollections News

> Rest in Peace: Richard Nachbar

GC Helpdesk

All the latest news about GreatCollections, including Press Releases.
Just joined GreatCollections? Here you will find out useful information for new members.
Learn everything you need to know about bidding and buying coins and numismatic products through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about selling coins, bullion and other items through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about notification, form of payments accepted and shipping informations
Information about My Account at GreatCollections and general Membership questions.
Learn more about all of the services we offer at GreatCollections, your full service auction and discounts
Throughout our listings, there are abbreviations about coins, such as VAMs, Overton numbers, pedigree
Learn more about how to contact us regarding our website and coins being offered.

Rest in Peace: Richard Nachbar

Ian Russell on Thu, Apr 29, 2021 10:10:41 AM
It was only a few weeks ago that Richard was texting me at about midnight his time, commenting on a coin that had just sold in our auction.  Richard really studied the coin and bullion market - I think more than anyone I know.  He would trace pedigrees, put together graphs of data showing trends, and from information gained worldwide, he predicted many ups and downs in the market, with a high degree of accuracy.

His advertisements in CoinWorld were legendary - something else we are going to miss.

Richard was always very kind to me and GreatCollections.  One of our first dinners together was at the Hawaii coin show, which he loved to attend so he could go running.  He had discovered a restaurant surrounded by a rainforest and wanted Raeleen and me to experience it.  It was the first of many dinners together at shows around the country.

Our condolences to Richard's family and friends.

The coin industry has lost a good one.

- Ian