GreatCollections News (256)
All the latest news about GreatCollections, including Press Releases.
Just joined GreatCollections? Here you will find out useful information for new members.
Learn everything you need to know about bidding and buying coins and numismatic products through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about selling coins, bullion and other items through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about notification, form of payments accepted and shipping informations
Information about My Account at GreatCollections and general Membership questions.
Our Services (3)
Learn more about all of the services we offer at GreatCollections, your full service auction and discounts
Throughout our listings, there are abbreviations about coins, such as VAMs, Overton numbers, pedigree
Learn more about how to contact us regarding our website and coins being offered.
Recent Consignments and Auction Results...This last Sunday, we generated over $215,000 in sales for our consignors, including the 1909-S Lincoln Cent NGC MS-67 that sold for $20,900, and the PCGS Type 2 Gold Dollar, which sold for $11,000.
Ian Russell on Wed, Sep 14, 2011 07:14:55 PM
We met many existing and new clients at the Long Beach Coin Show last Thursday, Friday and Saturday. While the show seemed to have less attendees than previous Long Beach shows, we were still kept busy accepting consignments and explaining our services to new clients.
Some recent consignment highlights:
- A comprehensive Silver Commemorative collection. These are classic commems, and will be offered over a few weeks starting Monday.
- An amazing Lincoln Cent collection. This is going to be offered over several weeks, but one coin as a teaser is the 1909-S VDB PCGS MS-66 CAC, which has already found a bidder at $11,000.
- An increased selection of 2009 Ultra High Reliefs, which have been marketed on TV lately at *retail plus plus* pricing. This is one of my favorite coins ever, particularly in the modern era.
- Two classic High Reliefs, one of which is at grading.
- A couple of different consignments of Platinum, mostly PCGS Proof-70 DCAMs.
Despite these consignments, we are still in need of more coins to fill our auctions. Remember, we have auctions each week, so our turnaround time is the fastest in the industry. And we pay even faster. If you considering selling/auctioning some coins and have any questions, please call me at 1.800.442.6467 or e-mail [email protected]