GreatCollections News (256)
All the latest news about GreatCollections, including Press Releases.
Just joined GreatCollections? Here you will find out useful information for new members.
Learn everything you need to know about bidding and buying coins and numismatic products through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about selling coins, bullion and other items through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about notification, form of payments accepted and shipping informations
Information about My Account at GreatCollections and general Membership questions.
Our Services (3)
Learn more about all of the services we offer at GreatCollections, your full service auction and discounts
Throughout our listings, there are abbreviations about coins, such as VAMs, Overton numbers, pedigree
Learn more about how to contact us regarding our website and coins being offered.
GreatCollections to Auction Rare Chain Cent Among Other RaritiesHighlights include: 1995-W $1 Silver Eagle, 1792 Half Disme and 1907 Saint-Gaudens High Relief
Ian Russell on Tue, Jun 24, 2014 12:54:26 PM
June 24, 2014, Irvine, Calif. – GreatCollections is pleased to auction a number of important coins, with bidding open now until Sunday, June 29th at www.greatcollections.com.
"Although we offer thousands of certified coins each week in our auctions, it’s always pleasing to auction coins of this caliber. The 1793 Chain Cent is of particular note, due to the quality that is rarely seen – these coins are generally collected for years and years before they are sold. It has been graded XF-40 by PCGS" said Ian Russell, President/founder of GreatCollections.
Other highlights include a 1792 Half Disme, 1916-D Mercury Dime, 1909-O Indian Half Eagle, 1907 Saint-Gaudens High Relief and a superb 1866 Gold Dollar, graded PCGS MS-68 with CAC approval. In the territorial category, a Bechtler Proof Restrike is being offered. These rarely appear on the market, with the last public sale recorded in the same grade dates back to 2005.
Russell continued: "At the other end of the spectrum, we are offering a 1995-W $1 Silver Eagle graded PCGS Proof-70 DCAM. This coin was recently graded at PCGS and is being sold without reserve."
In the world category, a low mintage Chinese coin is featured: a 1995 5 oz. Gold Unicorn, with a mintage of just 99 coins. It has been graded by NGC Proof-69 UC and comes with the original box and certificate of authenticity. In the 1990s when this coin was released, a U.S. company sold most of the coins to U.S. collectors, making it even more difficult for Chinese collectors to locate an example of this low mintage issue.
Highlights from the Sunday, June 29 Auctions:
- 1793 Chain Cent AMERICA PCGS XF-40 BN
- 1792 Silver Half Disme/Dime PCGS VF-Details
- 1794 Flowing Hair Half Dime LM-1 NGC AU-53 CAC
- 1916-D Mercury Dime PCGS MS-63 FB
- 1918/7-S Standing Liberty Quarter PCGS AU-55
- 1853 Seated Liberty Silver Dollar PCGS MS-64
- 1866 Indian Princess Gold Dollar PCGS MS-68 CAC
- 1807 Capped Bust Left Gold Half Eagle PCGS AU-55 CAC
- 1909-O Indian Gold Half Eagle PCGS AU-50
- 1907 Saint-Gaudens Gold Double Eagle MCMVII. High Relief, Wire Edge PCGS MS-64
- 1922-S Saint-Gaudens Gold Double Eagle PCGS MS-64
- 1989-D Congress Bicentennial Silver Dollar PCGS MS-70
- 1995-W $1 Silver Eagle PCGS Proof-70 DCAM
- C. Bechtler Gold $5 Restrike PCGS Proof-65
- China 1995 5 oz. Gold Unicorn NGC Proof-69 UC with Certificate of Authenticity (#68 of only 99 Coins Minted)