GreatCollections Coin Auctions and Rare Coins
Home > GC Helpdesk > Auctions, Bidding & Buying  > Why do I see multiple listings of the same coin?
GC Helpdesk
Keywords   
All the latest news about GreatCollections, including Press Releases.
Just joined GreatCollections? Here you will find out useful information for new members.
Learn everything you need to know about bidding and buying coins and numismatic products through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about selling coins, bullion and other items through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about notification, form of payments accepted and shipping informations
Information about My Account at GreatCollections and general Membership questions.
Learn more about all of the services we offer at GreatCollections, your full service auction and discounts
Throughout our listings, there are abbreviations about coins, such as VAMs, Overton numbers, pedigree
Learn more about how to contact us regarding our website and coins being offered.
Why do I see multiple listings of the same coin?
Ian Russell on Wed, Mar 23, 2011 03:39:37 AM
You may notice that GreatCollections may offer many different listings of the same type of coin.  For example, at any one time, we may have 5, 10 or more 1879-S Morgan Dollars, sometimes in the same grade.

This is for several reasons.  First, we try to offer each coin or set individually on behalf of consignors.  Second, we obviously have many different consignors at the same time.  Those five 1879-S Morgan Dollars could be owned by five different consignors.  Third, it's our goal to offer one of the largest selections of certified coins for auction and direct sale online.  As we grow, you will see more and more listings of certified coins!