GreatCollections Coin Auctions and Rare Coins
Home > GC Helpdesk > GreatCollections News  > U.S. Mint Products for 2012...
GC Helpdesk
All the latest news about GreatCollections, including Press Releases.
Just joined GreatCollections? Here you will find out useful information for new members.
Learn everything you need to know about bidding and buying coins and numismatic products through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about selling coins, bullion and other items through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about notification, form of payments accepted and shipping informations
Information about My Account at GreatCollections and general Membership questions.
Learn more about all of the services we offer at GreatCollections, your full service auction and discounts
Throughout our listings, there are abbreviations about coins, such as VAMs, Overton numbers, pedigree
Learn more about how to contact us regarding our website and coins being offered.
U.S. Mint Products for 2012...
Ian Russell on Sun, Feb 26, 2012 05:42:40 PM
We have received a lot of phone calls lately about when the U.S. Mint is going to release certain products... coins like the 2012-W Proof Silver Eagle, the Proof Gold Eagles, Platinum and so on.  The quick answer is "we don't know".  The U.S. Mint has released very little information about the schedule for 2012.  A rumor a few weeks ago went around that the blanks used to produce the coins are difficult to obtain at the moment and that is causing the delays.

That being said, the U.S. Mint did say that they will be producing a 2012-S Silver Eagle, which will commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the opening of the current San Francisco Mint (btw. the history of the San Francisco Mint is fascinating).  They may end up producing a limited set for this issue.  Even though I personally like the Reverse Proof they put out in 2006 and 2011, I am hoping they do not produce one in 2012... this is a coin that should be a special issue by the Mint, and not a yearly occurrence.

With no word on when or the quantities they will mint or restrictions on ordering, I believe this is going to be a good coin.  Once we know more, we'll post it to our website.

In the meantime, you can search GreatCollections for 2012 Certified Coins and we'll add more as they are released and graded.

Ian Russell
GreatCollections Coin Auctions & Direct Sales