GreatCollections Coin Auctions and Rare Coins
Home > GC Helpdesk > GreatCollections News  > Post Central States, More Auctions...
GC Helpdesk
All the latest news about GreatCollections, including Press Releases.
Just joined GreatCollections? Here you will find out useful information for new members.
Learn everything you need to know about bidding and buying coins and numismatic products through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about selling coins, bullion and other items through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about notification, form of payments accepted and shipping informations
Information about My Account at GreatCollections and general Membership questions.
Learn more about all of the services we offer at GreatCollections, your full service auction and discounts
Throughout our listings, there are abbreviations about coins, such as VAMs, Overton numbers, pedigree
Learn more about how to contact us regarding our website and coins being offered.
Post Central States, More Auctions...
Ian Russell on Mon, May 02, 2011 06:41:18 AM
I just got back from Central States, after a successful show held in Rosemont (where the ANA will be held in August).  Of course, the hottest aspect of the coin show was silver... Morgan Dollars, Silver Eagles, bars, you name it...all were in demand.  

We really have three purposes at shows... to meet clients, show off highlights and collect consignments.  We did all three this show, in fact you will start to see some of the coins we brought back uploaded to our site later today and tomorrow.  We also have a special consignment, which we can't announce just yet, but will in the next week or so.

Last week, we implemented a new sorting feature on all search, denomination and coin series pages.  You can now sort by "Coin Catalog 1792-2011" order.  This basically takes whatever results are on the page (either search results, or denominations/coin series) and sorts them into what you would see in a typical coin catalog order, starting with Half Cents through Double Eagles.  I am not sure if any other

We're working on other features for our website, but today and tomorrow, our days will be filled shipping last night auction winnings as well as uploading another 500-600 new coins to our website.

All the best,

Ian Russell