GreatCollections Coin Auctions and Rare Coins
Home > GC Helpdesk > GreatCollections News  > Over 1,800 Coin Auctions Listed, Other News...
GC Helpdesk
All the latest news about GreatCollections, including Press Releases.
Just joined GreatCollections? Here you will find out useful information for new members.
Learn everything you need to know about bidding and buying coins and numismatic products through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about selling coins, bullion and other items through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about notification, form of payments accepted and shipping informations
Information about My Account at GreatCollections and general Membership questions.
Learn more about all of the services we offer at GreatCollections, your full service auction and discounts
Throughout our listings, there are abbreviations about coins, such as VAMs, Overton numbers, pedigree
Learn more about how to contact us regarding our website and coins being offered.
Over 1,800 Coin Auctions Listed, Other News...
Ian Russell on Sun, Jul 24, 2011 04:00:00 PM
A few weeks have passed since I last wrote about our progress and so much as happened.  In bullet-point form:

- We routinely have over 1,800 coin auctions listed on our site and this number will increase every week or two.

- Due to the increase in number of listings, we are going to space our auction end times out more than usual.  We'll also be sending a reminder e-mail out on the day of an auction when you have items on your tracking list - this starts next week.

- We have secured some fairly amazing consignments lately, like the 1796 Bust Dime NGC MS-62, which sold for $19,800 and the 1913 Saint-Gaudens NGC MS-65, which is currently bid at $28,750.  It's always been our goal to offer coins of all price ranges, and I'm happy that we could find these two coins a new home.

- We've also started to welcome world coin consignments - 50-100 world coins will upload to our site this week… I expect this category to grow fairly quickly.

- Later this week we will be uploading the Anacapa Collection of U.S. Gold - a feature of our August 21st auctions.  There are some pretty amazing coins in this collection, including:
         1905 Liberty Quarter Eagle NGC Proof-65 CAMEO CAC
         1888 Three-dollar Gold Piece PCGS MS-64
         1802/1 Capped Bust Half Eagle NGC AU-58
         1876-CC Liberty Double Eagle PCGS MS-61 CAC

Most importantly, thank you to everyone's support, bids and consignments since we launched GreatCollections.  Special mention to clients who recommend us to other coin collectors - this is extra-appreciated and please always ask the client to mention your name when you do this.

All the best,

- Ian