GreatCollections Coin Auctions and Rare Coins
Home > GC Helpdesk > GreatCollections News  > Larry King Interviews Ian Russell of GreatCollections
GC Helpdesk
All the latest news about GreatCollections, including Press Releases.
Just joined GreatCollections? Here you will find out useful information for new members.
Learn everything you need to know about bidding and buying coins and numismatic products through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about selling coins, bullion and other items through GreatCollections
Learn everything you need to know about notification, form of payments accepted and shipping informations
Information about My Account at GreatCollections and general Membership questions.
Learn more about all of the services we offer at GreatCollections, your full service auction and discounts
Throughout our listings, there are abbreviations about coins, such as VAMs, Overton numbers, pedigree
Learn more about how to contact us regarding our website and coins being offered.
Larry King Interviews Ian Russell of GreatCollections
Ian Russell on Wed, Jan 14, 2015 11:37:33 AM
Larry King Interviews Ian Russell of GreatCollections Coin Auctions

Ian Russell, owner and president of GreatCollections, sat down recently with broadcast legend and Emmy-nominee Larry King to discuss the hobby of coin collecting.  The 25-minute interview took place at King's Los Angeles studio for his current TV show, Larry King Now.

Russell took the opportunity to give his views about the state of the coin industry, pointing out that the number of collectors in the U.S. could be as much as 10 million.  Expanding on his interview, Russell notes, "Everyone has a story about coins.  When people find out that I am in the coin business, they invariably tell me about their uncle's – or father's, or grandmother's - coin collection.  These people obviously aren't dealing with coins 24/7 but I consider them potential collectors.  It is a very big industry which the internet has only begun to tap.  By dealing exclusively in online auctions, GreatCollections gives those armchair enthusiasts an opportunity to explore their interest at a level that is comfortable for them."

Russell concludes, "It was an honor to be interviewed by such a legend.  Larry actually knows a lot about coins, and I thought it was an interesting and informative discussion."

Larry King is a American television and radio host, who conducted more than 60,000 interviews while hosting Larry King Live on CNN from 1985 through 2010.  He currently hosts Larry King Now on Hulu and RT America.

The complete interview is available to watch at