GreatCollections Coin Auctions and Rare Coins
Home > GC Helpdesk > GreatCollections News  > Denver ANA Report, Upcoming Auctions...
GC Helpdesk
Keywords   
All the latest news about GreatCollections, including Press Releases.
Just joined GreatCollections? Here you will find out useful information for new members.
Learn everything you need to know about bidding and buying coins and numismatic products through G
Learn everything you need to know about selling coins, bullion and other items through GreatCollec
Learn everything you need to know about notification, form of payments accepted and shipping infor
Information about My Account at GreatCollections and general Membership questions.
Learn more about all of the services we offer at GreatCollections, your full service auction and d
Throughout our listings, there are abbreviations about coins, such as VAMs, Overton numbers, pedig
Learn more about how to contact us regarding our website and coins being offered.
Denver ANA Report, Upcoming Auctions...
Ian Russell on Mon, May 14, 2012 06:39:50 PM
We just got back from Denver.  I must admit, I did not have high hopes for this show, because at the last minute, PCGS and NGC both pulled out of grading at the event.  All major shows have grading on-site these days, and without it, many major dealers won't stay around.

After my initial negativity, I was surprised by the attendance - it was more than I expected.  We met many existing clients, and picked up a record number of new consignors at a show.  So from our standpoint, it was a success.

It's difficult what to mention first with our upcoming auctions.  We have some amazing rarities on offer, anchored by the three Mormon Gold pieces, which are expected to sell for over $100,000.  All Mormon gold pieces are rare, but the condition of this trio sets them apart.  One of the coins, the 1860 $5 is rare in any condition and is graded NGC MS-61.

Last week, an original toned Morgan dollar collection walked into our office.  The collection comprises of 25 coins, and all 25 have been verified by CAC.  Originally there were 26 coins, but *only* 25 got the CAC sticker (which is one of the highest percentages ever with CAC).  These coins will upload later this week, a little earlier than usual.

A coin that listed today is one of the most valuable Silver Eagles around - the 1999 NGC MS-70.  This is the first example we have handled, and I expect spirited bidding activity above the conservative $14,000 minimum bid.

We also have another important collection of U.S. coins containing a fourth Mormon gold piece - sometimes you can wait a long time to see these rare coins, and in a matter of a week we had two difference consignors.  This coin will upload in about a week, along with the rest of the collection that contains a superb Flying Eagle proof.

We're always looking for more consignments.  Take advantage of the lowest commission rates in the industry and consign to GreatCollections.  We pay fast and keep you informed every step of the way.  Call our office at 1-800-442-6467 for more information.

Happy collecting!

Ian Russell